Friday, October 28, 2011

They Sold Their Souls...

There are two sides to every coin, every fish, and every argument. Here we see the best of both sides. Dig in and let me know where you stand once you've heard it all.

EITHER Bono and U2 are closet Satanists fooling the world with their holy horseplay...
 

If video doesn't load, watch it HERE.

OR Bono and U2 actually believe in all that Jesus junk. Who knew?
 

If video doesn't load, watch it HERE.

"Friday night running to Sunday on my knees." 
- U2, In A Little While 

P.S., I think you know which way I lean so it won't be surprising to you that I appreciated this article by Doug Beaumont about Pastor Joel Schimmer's series on rock music.

P.P.S., I think you know which way I lean, but you might be surprised that I love me some J.T. Chick. Check out his exposé on the evils of rock music in the graphic novel Spellbound.

6 comments:

  1. Check out FranChan's comment inside the first two minutes.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_pNoWGYIw4&feature=share

    Whaddya think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's a punk.

    Just kidding. Love you Francis.

    We may need a post on that. Short answer/thought, the skeptic in me says a Christian knows that Jesus is the only way and could never imply that other faiths lead to the same truth. Bad Bono.

    But the Bono apologist in me thinks he's stating the obvious genetic connection between the three faiths. "Father Abraham had many sons, and many sons had Father Abraham. I am one of them, and so are you, so let's all praise the LORD."

    Check back in a couple months. We'll kick it around together. Sound fair?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know what I think, I think Bono is just too damn busy steadying the Arc. I think if he got back to changing the world within himself, rather than trying in his own strength, to change the world at large, he would be back on the right track.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Besides God uses Bono, just listening to this brought me to tears and others touched in the same way, I know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Besides God uses Bono, just listening to this brought me to tears and others touched in the same way, I know.

    ReplyDelete